The New York Youth Symphony is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join its full-time staff. Reporting to the Executive Director this position oversees office administration and assists colleagues with operational needs. The successful candidate will possess a self-initiating, take-charge temperament, and excellent communication and technical skills necessary to successfully implement the daily operations of the organization.
- General office administration: maintaining filing, records, library, donor records, ordering supplies, answering phones, taking meeting minutes, etc.
- Assisting the Artistic Operations Manager with performance hall contracts and logistics, programs, equipment rental, transport charters, insurance, audio recording
- Coordinating First Music commissioning process
- Assisting with annual benefit
- Assisting in the collection of application and registration fees
- Working on design projects including student handbook and concert posters
- Processing accounts payable
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years’ experience in a professional environment, non-profit experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office software, Photoshop, InDesign, and Quickbooks
- Preferred qualities: Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of classical music and/or jazz is desirable, but not required.
Commensurate with experience. Includes full benefit package.
Email resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing Internship - Fall 2019
The New York Youth Symphony is seeking a Marketing intern for Fall 2019 to provide marketing, development, and general administrative support.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Creating content for all social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
- Assisting with updating NYYS Website (no coding experience necessary)
- Designing marketing collateral such as promotional flyers, stickers, and newsletters
- Drafting press releases and eblasts
- Researching media outlets and contacts to expand upon existing media list
- Providing support with the preparation of NYYS performances
- Updating and maintaining the NYYS CRM database
- Fielding general phone inquiries, following up on season subscriptions
- Providing general administrative support in the office as needed
- An interest in music, cultural arts and/or the non-profit sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Ability to work independently
Skills preferred, but not required
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign
- Photography/Graphic Design experience a plus
Compensation & Benefits
This is an unpaid internship - College credit may be arranged
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, and two work references to email@example.com. Please include "NYYS Internship" in the subject.