the new york youth symphony community health pact
The health and safety of the NYYS community, comprised of students, families, faculty, and staff, are of the greatest importance to the NYYS. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic NYYS will hold 2020/2021 activities both online and in-person in accordance with governmental regulations. In order to keep everyone safe during in-person activities, we are asking our community members to abide by the following:
- Comply with the much-publicized safety guidelines: wear a mask at all times whenever you are not able to socially distance (not just when participating in a NYYS program), wash your hands frequently, maintain social distancing, and avoid touching surfaces that don't belong to you as much as possible.
- Take your temperature and self-evaluate any and all signs of illness in accordance with the latest CDC guidelines before coming to NYYS events. If you are feeling ill and/or exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms, stay home and notify the artistic staff of your program. Please note that if you arrive to NYYS activities with a temperature over 100 degrees, you will be sent home.
- If you are diagnosed with COVID-19, stay home and notify the artistic staff of your program and Shauna Quill, NYYS executive director via email@example.com. Prior to returning to NYYS activities, you must submit a negative test result to Ms. Quill.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19, self-quarantine for 14 days and notify the artistic staff of your program. NYYS recommends getting tested prior to returning to activities in case you are asymptomatic.
- If you have travelled to an area on the NY State Travel Advisory list, self-quarantine for 14 days after your return. Alternatively, get tested and provide proof of a negative test to the artistic staff of your program.