the new york youth symphony community health pact
The health and safety of the NYYS community, comprised of students, families, faculty, and staff, are of the greatest importance to the NYYS. To keep our students engaged and learning, NYYS will hold 2020/2021 activities both online and in-person in accordance with governmental regulations; however, to keep everyone safe during in-person activities, we are asking our community members to abide by the following:
- Comply with CDC safety guidelines: wear a mask at all times whenever you are not able to socially distance, wash your hands frequently, maintain social distancing, avoid crowds, and avoid poorly ventilated indoor spaces.
- Take your temperature and self-evaluate any and all signs of illness in accordance with the latest CDC guidelines before coming to NYYS events. If you are feeling ill and/or exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms, stay home and notify the artistic staff of your program. Please note that if you arrive to NYYS activities with a temperature over 100 degrees, you will be sent home.
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19, quarantine for 10 days and notify the artistic staff of your program. NYYS recommends getting a PCR test prior to returning to activities in case you are asymptomatic. If you are tested and waiting for results, do not attend NYYS activities.
- If you are diagnosed with COVID-19, stay home and notify the artistic staff of your program and Shauna Quill, NYYS executive director via email@example.com. Prior to returning to NYYS activities, you must submit a negative test result to Ms. Quill.
- If you have travelled outside of NY state, please refer to the NY State Travel Advisory, and follow guidelines for quarantines and testing as required by the state.
- At NYYS in-person activities, students must be masked at all times. NYYS will provide masks to all students, including wind and brass students for whom special masks have been ordered. Students will be spaced a minimum of 6 feet away from their fellow ensemble members. Activities will be limited to less than 2 hours in-person. Breaks will be added to allow for proper room ventilation in-between groups of students.
- Notify your program managers if:
- you are in quarantine due to travel or exposure
- you or anyone in your household is awaiting COVID-19 test results
- you have tested positive for COVID-19
You should not come to any NYYS events or rehearsals under any of these circumstances. Thank you for your cooperation regarding this matter.