Tickets: $30 | Purchase here.
Led by director Dr. Lisa Tipton, the NYYS Chamber Music program offers young musicians an opportunity to explore the often complex dialogue between instruments as a metaphor for learning skills that emphasize open communication, harmony, and compromise.
This concert includes performances of Beethoven, Mozart, Arensky, Schumann, Shostakovich, Mahler, and more by the following chamber music groups:
• Artemis Quartet: Laura Tillack, violin, Zoe Buff, violin, Abhinav Khandrika, viola, Max Milian, cello
• Double Stop Quartet: Christian Wong, violin, Aidan Resnick, violin, Gabriel Nichols, viola, Maxwell Resnick, cello
• El Taut: Sophia Freed, violin, Sophia Motai, violin, Soon Lee-Tolley, viola, Layla Rafimaryeri
• Esperanza: Andre Tsou, violin, Sivan Nemirof, cello, Maximo Kim, piano
• FISH: Dvir Avnon-Klein, violin, Lauren Lee, viola, Samantha Rapkiewicz, cello, Nils Krarup, bass, Chinmay Deshpande, piano
• Neptune Trio: Maya Sheehy, violin, Andrea Tobing, cello, Nick Fanara, piano
• No Strings Attached: Jessica Wu, violin, Marina Wong, violin, Isabelle Gendron, viola, Max Milian, cello, Xiaozhou Xu, piano
• The People's Quartet: Benedikt Winzer, violin, Jack Crisan, viola, Gabe Sipe, cello, Christopher Yee, piano
• Trio M: Iris Chang, clarinet, Taegyu Ha, cello, Eugene Hong, piano
• Tunnel Trio: Robert Strauss, flute, Jack Pasacreta, bassoon, Evelyn Tomaro, piano
Tickets : $30 ($10 students, available at the Carnegie Hall box office) | Available here.
This concert includes performances of Brahms, Dvorak, Mendelssohn, Shostakovich, Schubert, Ligeti, Schumann, and more by the following chamber music groups:
• Apollo Trio: Natasha Wipfler-Kim, violin, Ari Freed, cello, Emma Huang, piano
• Broken Carousels: Jonah Murphy, flute, Andres Ayola, oboe, Albert Xu, clarinet, Erin Acree, bassoon, Emma Potter, horn
• Echo Quartet: Amal Biskin, violin | Benkei Golden, viola, Tia Raimond Jones, cello, William Deckelbaum, piano
• Euterpe Piano Quintet: Jaycee Cardoso, violin, Gabi Foster, violin, Callia Liang, viola, Alexander Oh, cello, Hepsiba Lee, piano
• Firefly Quartet: Abigail Nishiwaki, violin, Jack Shigeta, viola, Francis Fedora, cello, Forrest Eimold, piano
• HaWK Trio: Sanford Whatley, violin, Jonah Kernis, cello, Yunus Hokkaci, piano
• Inferno: Joshua Choi, clarinet, Julie Karam, violin, Amanda Chao, violin, Genevieve Duguid, violin, Noel Cho, cello
• Meraki: Emma Milian, violin, Mahina Sheikh, cello, Nayu Shimo, piano
• Syzygy Piano Quartet: Chelsea Xia, violin, Callia Liang, viola, Matthew Kendall, cello, Claire Shang, piano
• Traumerei: Joshua Choi, clarinet, Christian Lee, clarinet, Cadee Lee, clarinet, Dongkon lee, clarinet, Jacob Cho, bass clarinet
• TRILOGY: Olivia Pantoga, violin, Lila Holyoke, cello, Riley Barker, piano
• West End Trio: Abigail Yoon, violin, Matan Marder Friedgood, cello, Charis Yoon, piano
This performance also features the world premiere of First Music commission brunetto by Baldwin Giang
Tickets: $35 ($10 students)| Available at jazz.org
Monday, May 6, 2019 at 7:30 PM with Arturo O’Farrill, pianist/composer
Pianist and composer Arturo O’Farrill joins the NYYS Jazz for a program that features repertoire by Machito, Chico O’Farrill, Dizzy Gillespie, Stan Kenton, Duke Ellington, and more. The program also includes the world premiere of First Music commission The Great Hill by Dave Meder.
Purchase tickets here.
Ryan Lindveit: Close Up at a Distance (First Music commissioned world première)
Rachmaninoff: Piano Concerto No. 2 in C minor
Shostakovich: Symphony No. 5
This year-end concert will showcase original student works created throughout the season. Student works will be brought to life by performers participating in the Harlem School of Arts Musical Theatre program, accompanied by a Broadway pit band, and led by a seasoned Broadway Musical director.
Tickets: $20, available here.